I love the show just wanted to see how you all feel.

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's crap like that show that keep re-enforcing the negative image we bikers carry. I know-it's only entertainment, but I refuse to watch it and help proagate the myth. A vast majority of us keep busting our rumps to improve our image and that crap just keeps dragging us down. The lie started with a picture in Life magazine in the late 40s and Hollywood keeps on crankin out the crap. Well, you asked.
Well, I am sure that the life style still exists to some degree. I watch it, and enjoy it. It is no different than any other program on TV now a days. Yes it portrays a negative image of bikers. How ever I can't just stick my head in a hole and make believe it does not exist. And the truth about bikers as a whole is starting to get some attention, look at Ridin Steel.  I get more upset watching the evening news seeing all the things that are going on in this country.  It makes Anarchy look like Sesame Street.

Like most made for TV programs there are no redeeming qualities to it and ones time would be better spent doing almost anything else. Unfortunately if one takes a good look around, or quick glance for that matter, it's obvious the American public as a whole prefers mindless entertainment as opposed to educational enlightenment. 

you guys must be too old to enjoy a good tv show.
It's the best action soap opera on TV. It has motorcycles. But unfortunately my mother won't let me stay up past my bedtime to watch it.

Scot Macdonlad said:
you guys must be too old to enjoy a good tv show.

Yes I am too old for a good snow. I have had enough snow and I am ready for Spring dammit!

Yea, but you know you tape it and watch it when mother isn't around.  Like you said it has motorcycles !!!!

Jeff Neil MBN Founder said:
It's the best action soap opera on TV. It has motorcycles. But unfortunately my mother won't let me stay up past my bedtime to watch it.
Randy, PLEASE don't tell her though!

Randy LONRNGR said:
Yea, but you know you tape it and watch it when mother isn't around.  Like you said it has motorcycles !!!!

Jeff Neil MBN Founder said:

I do watch the show. I've received the past 2 seasons disk set for christmas. I find it to be entertaining but a bit far fetched at times. Some of the comments I've heard on how it feeds the negative stereotype of motorcyclist may be true, but in my opinion, until those opinionated folks learn 1st. hand through real life experiences that these profiles for the most part are a figment of their imagination, then it will continue. Even the riders that are hilighted in a positive way on RIDIN' STEEL are profiled. It isn't until an individual meets these riders face to face and realizes that their just normal folks that like to ride that they look at things a little differently. Maybe what we all ought to do is get rid of all the leather gear and black t's and start riding in suits.

I recently film a presentation for my local Historical Society here in Bath. The topic of RIDIN' STEEL was brought up by the woman that hired me. She was very complimentive and recognized what we are striving for. So little by little changes of opinions can occur, but it would'nt take much to set us back. In our society, in spite of all the education on discrimination, we as a people love to label others.

I like their clubhouse but no REAL MC would ever let a cop, even a crooked one sit in during church. I also think that the violence is sensationalized and with all that shooting nobody ever gets killed, must not be very good shots. It's adult cartoons. Besides Sonny Barger gave it the thumbs up by being in an episode.
In response to Johns comment about "all that shooting and nobody ever gets killed" I just have to share an experience I had this past December. Pam Payeur of the Wounded Heroes Program invited me to attend a trip to a Machine Gun Shooting Range, where she and a number of Wounded Soldiers were allowed to come up and fire a number of different styles of Machine Guns. 1000's of rounds were fired at 2 automobiles used as targets and they were no doubt struck and destroyed by the firepower, but I gotta say that it's extremely difficult to be accurate with an automatic weapon. The only thing left to shoot on one of the autos was a tail light lens, and no one could hit the dam thing. Now, I would'nt want to be on the opposite side of those weapons, but my point is that I raised those same kind of questions when I watched the show and your comment reminded me of that day. What a great Christmas present it was for those Wounded Vets. They had grins from ear to ear.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Show Your Support !

Become an Executive Member Today...

Choose Your Level: Silver,Gold,Diamond

Membership Level

Your "purchase" Keeps Maine Biker Network Alive.

Latest Activity

Terry L Tyler commented on Terry L Tyler's group Maine's Veterans Memorial Ride
"New Shirts"
18 hours ago
Terry L Tyler posted a status
"Looking for a Chaplin for message and prayer and a speaker for may 17, 2014 ride contact me for more info thanks Terry 207.344.5309"
Saturday
Profile IconDave Silvia, Ericasal Dana, David Swett and 1 more joined Maine Biker Network
Apr 17
Jeff Neil MBN Founder shared their discussion on Facebook
Apr 17
Jeff Neil MBN Founder posted a status
"New: Show your support and become an Executive Member today..."
Apr 15
Profile IconKimberly Nightingale and Jaclyn Roche joined Maine Biker Network
Apr 15
Danny Claus commented on Danny Claus's photo
Thumbnail

Honda Shadow

"Thanks Jeff Jim at Maine Cycle is a great guy"
Apr 14
Danny Claus and BLVD07 are now friends
Apr 14

© 2014   Created by Jeff Neil MBN Founder.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Maine Biker Network
Farmington, Maine 04938